WHAT IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND A VIRTUAL SESSION?
If you are enrolling in a VIRTUAL session, you must be able to answer “YES” to all of the following questions. By completing your enrollment you are hereby confirming and agree that you are eligible to register and attend a virtual session.
- Do you have your own email address (either personal or professional) and have access to it on the day of class?
- Do you have a valid picture ID (driver’s license or passport)?
- Do you have access to a computer that you do not need to share with others? If not, NASSCO’s Training Director may approve a small group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request special permission.
- Does your computer screen have a video (camera) and audio capability?
- Is your internet service strong enough to eliminate connectivity issues?
- Do you have access to a quiet room for attending the course with no disruption from noise, pets, family, co-workers, etc.?
- Are you familiar with ZOOM? If not, visit https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206618765-Zoom-Video-Tutorials to view a short instructional video. Please be advised that working in any virtual classroom environment has the potential to create internet service disruption, equipment failure, and other technical issues that may prevent the completion of the virtual classroom training course. If you (or your trainer) should experience any of these issues with equipment, software or internet connectivity during the NASSCO training session, it is beyond the control of the student, trainer and NASSCO. In such cases, future training dates and times will be provided.